2.21.2013

Healthier Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake

It's been a really long break from my blogging but I am so happy to be back and to be a full time mom (big changes were happening in my time away)! Today was a snow day! Well, now that I am a full time mom I don't really have "snow days" but there was a lot of snow today. Mason spent some time watching the snow (in between bottles, playtime, and naps of course)..... I made some baby food for Mason too which I will be blogging about this weekend so be sure to check back.


..... and that really wore him out!

 But during his nap I was able to try out a new recipe. Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake... I could have  probably just stopped at buffalo chicken because, well, who doesn't like buffalo chicken?! Anyhow, I hate to say it but buffalo chicken anything isn't really healthy so I was hoping to make this recipe from Lentzed Life a little healthier or maybe just a meal that does less damage but still tastes like wonderful buffalo chicken. :) So here's my take on it with a healthier twist. I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you make it and like it or tried something different!


1 box fiber penne pasta, cooked and drained
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
3/4 cup hot sauce (more or less to taste)
1 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
2 cups fat free shredded cheese (Cheddar)
1 cup fat free shredded cheese (Cheddar)

1. Preheat oven to 350* and prepare a deep baking dish (I used two 8" x 8" foil pans and froze one for later :)).

2. Mix together yogurt and ranch seasoning.  Mix yogurt-ranch mix and hot sauce. In a separate bowl, mix chicken, pasta and 2 cups cheese.  Pour the sauce mix over the chicken and pasta; mix well.

3. Pour everything into prepared baking dish, sprinkle with 1 cup cheese (if desired) and bake for 20-25 minutes (I used convection at 350* and baked it for 20 minutes and that was perfect).

My husband said it was yummy so I have to know that it was actually good because he does not fake it just to make me feel good. Ha! :)

Hope you like it!

-> Kassy <-

No comments:

Post a Comment