4.28.2014

DIY Crib Skirt and Curtain Updo

It's been a busy week or so with Easter and this past weekend our baby girl was baptized. We enjoyed the beautiful weather and time with family. On a more forward-looking note I am heading to Las Vegas this coming weekend and am looking forward to some much needed sun, pool, and relaxation time. :)

Only a few more posts before I reveal the finished nursery! I am excited to share her beautiful room... it makes me smile when I walk in because it's girly and pretty and fun. I love my son's room but there is something so fun about this girly room. :)

I wanted to add in some teal accents in the room besides the inside of the dresser drawers so I looked to the curtains and the crib skirt. I found some thin polyester/cotton blend dark teal fabric on clearance at the craft store for $3 per yard that I could use but there wasn't enough to make curtains and I really wanted thermal curtains for her room. Thermal curtains have a lined back that keeps out sun and heat. Her room has a large window that gets afternoon sun which, during summer, makes the room really heat up. This will help keep the room temperature bearable.

I found teal thermal curtains for a decent price at Wal-Mart. I bought two panels for $18 each. They were only 84", I like curtains to go from the ceiling to the floor and they were kind of plain because they were one solid color so I decided to give them an updo (instead of a redo). I used the cheap fabric to add length and a little more visual appeal. It was pretty easy and I like how they turned out. For only about $45 and an hour of my time I have great thermal curtains for the nursery.


I was able to use the leftover fabric I had from the curtains and two pillow cases, that I bought from Goodwill for $2, to create a crib skirt. I saw an interesting idea on this blog where she used panels and attached them to the crib. I used the same idea but used ties instead. I measured the crib, only the three front sides, and sewed panels using the pillow cases and the extra fabric. In the end I spent about an hour and $5 for this DIY crib skirt.


All in all these two DIY projects took about 2 bours and $50!

Looking forward to a fun and rainy week here... Do you have any DIY plans this week?

<-Kassy->

1 comment:

  1. Thermal curtains have a lined back that keeps out sun and heat. Her room has a large window that gets afternoon sun which, during summer, ... thermalcurtains.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete