Week 2 Kitchen Cabinets:
Before Pictures: (Just a few)
- Start at the top cabinets and work your way down.
- Rearrange dishes/utensils if necessary.
- Consider how often, where, when you use it.
- Silverware should be in a drawer closest to your kitchen table
- Plates, bowls, cups should be located close to the counter top where you do the most prep for meals.
- Cups near the refrigerator.
- Cooking utensils/pots/pans/baking dishes near the oven and microwave.
- Check out these small projects for the kitchen that could make your life easier and your kitchen more efficient:
- Peel and stick tile under the sink for easy cleaning and in case there is a water leak!
- Slide out drawers for lower cabinets
- Baking sheet organizer
- Utensil drawer organizers
- Create secret storage at the sink
- Use the space under the lower cabinets to maximize storage
- If you don't have kitchen cabinet hardware then definitely consider adding it to your to-do list. Here's the difference it makes!
After Pictures and Side by Side Comparisons:
I got rid of a lot of expired medicines and moved the shelves. We can fit more and it's all still within my short person reach. :)
I removed some dishes and added our blender to the middle shelf so that it's easily accessible because we are using it for smoothies a lot lately!
We moved the alcohol from the floor in our pantry to the cabinet above the microwave because we needed to think about a place out of reach of the kids. Plus there is an outlet in the cabinet (for the microwave but there is one unused) so we can plug our wine opener in and easily get to it without it sitting out on the countertop.
The spice holders on the door can be found here.
Where did the bibs go?? Moved to the pantry and and really easy to get to! Could also be done inside a cabinet door too.
I plan on getting an organizer for this drawer but in the meantime I got rid of a bunch of stuff we never use and that has helped with the craziness!
I cleared out this drawer of random cups, bibs, placemats, and containers. It is now dedicated to my kiddos plates, bowls, and cups. My son, 2.5 years old, now helps me get ready for dinner. He grabs a plate (or bowl) and a cup and I help him dish up and sit down at the table. It's fun to see him choose too. One day he wanted a bowl for his sandwich... I didn't fight it! He has a lot of fun with it and giving him the ability to choose gives him the power he craves. :)
Have you joined the challenge? It's still not too late! Join and follow along with me. :)