Week 1 Kitchen Countertops and Sinks:
- Empty the sink. Clean ALLLL the dishes.
- Put away anything on the counters that you do not use daily and/or more than four days a week.
- Clean the countertops.
- Clean the sink.
- Try not to shove things into random drawers or other rooms because you want it to make sense. And also because at some point I would probably have to clean it up again since this challenge covers everything!
- Setup a basket or a bin for a couple of things that you reach for often. We have our tablet, a phone charger, stamps, and a dog remote in our basket.
- We use this scrubber and replace it every 6-8 weeks or so.
- I like Mrs. Meyers Countertop Spray. You could also use a vinegar water mix with a couple drops of lemon or lavender essential oil.
- I scrub the sink down with soap and water making sure to get the ring around the drain good.
- A note about the drain/garbage disposal- when you peel an orange or have lemon peels leftover then send them through the garbage disposal and it with freshen it up. :)
- Don't forget to clean the faucet!
- Notice two towels? We use solid dark towels for drying hands. We use white towels for drying clean dishes. I don't like to use only one because lots of people don't clean their hands well and then use the same towel to dry clean dishes.
- Wipe down the outlets with a Magic Eraser.
Side by Side Comparison:
Any countertop and sink tips? I would love to hear them!
Have you joined the challenge? It's definitely not too late! Join and follow along with me as I whip this house into shape. :) Hey.. did I mention it's FREE? Yeeeah, why not??