2.23.2015

Chocolate Protein Frosting

Have you stopped by Aldi lately?? They now have a large selection of organic products and produce. I loved when they used to feature grass fed beef and antibiotic free chicken and now they expanded in almost every isle. There are chips, salsa, baking mixes, cereal, pasta, produce, etc. And it's all really decently priced.

I have slowly tried almost all of their organic offerings and there isn't one that I don't like. My most recent was the Organic Fudge Brownie Mix... it tasted as good as it sounds! Don't get me wrong, this mix still had a ton of sugar but it was indeed organic. 

I decided to make them for our small group and add some frosting on the top to finish them off. I baked the brownies and then started mixing the frosting and I cannot for the life of me understand why I didn't check if we had all the necessary ingredients first... but it made things interesting!

I started to improvise with coconut milk, protein powder and a little bit of cocoa. I am not lying when I say it was not bad! I liked it! And I have a chocolate, sweet tooth. :) Check out what I did and keep in mind that I was improvising so my measurements are give/take. 



Ingredients:
1/2 C Powdered Sugar
2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 1/2 T Low Fat Coconut Milk
2 T softened butter/margarine
1 1/2 T Cocoa Powder
1 t Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Easy peasy.

Grap a cup and a baggie. Spoon frosting into the baggie draped over/in the cup. Cut a small piece from the corner of the bag and frost all of your favorite desserts! :)


In case you are wondering what protein powder I used...


I am going to test out a vanilla protein powder frosting sometime in the near future too! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. :)

<-Kassy->

No comments:

Post a Comment