7.11.2013

Homemade Granola

For the 4th of July weekend we visited my sister in Des Moines. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. Mason loved the pool and enjoyed the fireworks too even though he was tired. My sister treated us to some good eats but I really loved the granola she made. I have been interested in trying homemade granola and I am glad I did. I am a officially a convert to granola from cereal. It was delicious and it has all natural ingredients which is important to me.

Yesterday I made the granola and I am so pleased! Not only is it the perfect breakfast but it made my house smell amazing! I used this recipe from 100 Days of Real Food   minus coconut because I have never really been a ban. I also used two baking sheets instead of one and cooked it a few minutes less and it turned out nice a crunchy. If you like cereal then you need to try this! It is nutty and sweet with the cinnamon and vanilla.


I used old applesauce jars to store it so I could keep it fresh for the next couple weeks.

Let me know if you have tried this recipe or another recipe! I would be interested in some different variations.

->Kassy<-

No comments:

Post a Comment