12.14.2014

25 Days of Kindness: Day 14 Food Donation

Our church has many ministries, I wrote about The Christmas Shoppe yesterday, and there are many, many more. We love how much our church gives back to people in need. I am glad to be a part of such great programs just by supporting our church and how easy it is to help out all year. Our church has drop off boxes for food, personal hygiene items, etc which they then distribute accordingly. It's great and easy. When I'm at the store I just add an extra item or two to the cart and then drop it off at weekend service. It's not so scary for the budget when it's something small each time but it adds up throughout the year!


Today we dropped it off and then helped out at the earlier service at church. We got to nap while the kids napped this afternoon and then we enjoyed the beautiful weather at the Zoo's Wild Lights. That was pretty cool! Here are a couple pictures of some of the light displays they had...





And here's me with my sweet baby girl. :)


Overall it was a great day! And I cheated a little on the bible readings for today because I used the ones that were used for today's sermon at church... but they were good and fitting! The sermon was on "Disturbing the Peace" as in getting out of our peaceful comfort zone. Today's focus was helping the poor! Spot on. Here are a couple verses that I enjoyed...
Hebrews 13:1-3
James 2:1-9

Today I wrote out the rest of the days of our 25 Days of Kindness and I am so excited about the next 11 days! I can't wait to share them with you all.

Keep track of all 25 Days of Kindness through this summary post.

<-Kassy->

No comments:

Post a Comment