12.04.2014

25 Days of Kindness: Day 4 A Thoughtful Gift For Family

Today the Kindness Elf told us to do something thoughtful for family. I had planned on something but an opportunity arose to send a good book to a family member so we decided to send that book instead of the original plan... we'll just reschedule. I love being flexible and spontaneous with these 25 Days of Kindness too because it just feels so much more natural.



Yesterday on Facebook I recommended that my cousin check out the love languages book "The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts" by Gary D. Chapman. Another one of my cousins chimed in and said she was interested and going to look it up. So today I offered to send her the book so that she could find out how great it is herself.

Something I wanted for my marriage was to not get stuck in a rut, not to let things go, and to always work and building it up a as if they would fix themselves, and habits to making it better. My parents divorced about 10 years ago and I think my fear of repeating something similar has me on high alert to work really hard to better my marriage continually. Reading books like the love languages is just another way to understand my husband and I am so thankful for it. The majority of these books remind me not to be selfish too. It's amazing how noticeable it is when I start to reflect and think about our relationship, as these books get me to do.

In case anyone is interested in more books along this same topic you should check out "Love & Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs and "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. All three books are wonderful!

To go along with today's kindness we read 1 Corinthians 13:4-10. A classic love and marriage set of verses and a great reminder of what God intended love to be. I threw in Proverbs 18:22 because it is also good and I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was a good thing to have me around. :)

Do you have any other good book suggestions on this topic of love and marriage? I would love some new recommendations!

<-Kassy->

Click here for a summary of the 25 Days of Kindness + The Kindness Elf complete with links to each post as well as the corresponding verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment