12.05.2014

25 Days of Kindness: Day 5 Grocery Convenience

We have family coming in town later this month for Christmas so I have already planned ahead to use more food budget at that time and stock up then too. We have a good amount of food right now but I want to get a few more things to tie us over... some fresh food! Anyhow, I knew right away this would be a good opportunity to spread some kindness at the grocery store. We went to Aldi and brought along our quarters because the Kindness Elf told us to. :)


When we arrived I was sticking baby girl in my Ergo and then went to grab Mason out and a man came over and offered his cart to me. He told me someone offered it to him so he was just passing it along as well. It was so nice and made me more excited to get to work with our quarters. When I was putting quarters in the carts and an older woman thought I was having trouble so she brought her cart over and said "here dear just take my cart". I was running into nice people right and left. To top it off Santa was at the store grocery shopping... literally Santa with the beard, glasses, red pants, suspenders, a fun patterned long underwear shirt, and a nice round belly. :) Mason looked confused but smiled big when Santa wished us a Merry Christmas. Along with putting quarters in some of the carts, we bought a stack of bags to leave for others when they forget their own since it is a bag your own groceries type of store. 

I love these ones that just make sense for what we are already doing that day... A good reminder that we can continue past these 25 Days of Kindness, past the Christmas season, and into normal, everyday life. Because what is $4 added on to my grocery bill to help with carts and bags?

The Kindness Elf recommended Proverbs 3 for some good reading today. We read through it and I especially like verse 27, "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act". Some good food for thought.

What do you think about planning in giving and kindness as a regular part of your grocery trips? Or maybe it's a regular part of a fast food run where you pay for the meal of the person behind you (or maybe that will make you go less and you'll be healthier?! ;))? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I'm just going to leave these here for anyone to see.... :)



Also, I have started a summary page where I am listing each day, the act of kindness, and the bible verses we are reading too. I will continue to update it each day so that in the end it will be a complete list with links to each page as well. Thank you for stopping by!

<-Kassy->

No comments:

Post a Comment